LIFE 2020 Virtual Event
October 27-30, 2020
The New York State Public Service Commission and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), in cooperation with the LIFE Steering Committee, are proud to announce the LIFE biennial Statewide event will be held virtually. Although we will miss being together in person this year, we are looking forward to providing the LIFE network with the same knowledge sharing and discussion opportunities that have become synonymous with LIFE events. There is no cost to attend this year’s Virtual Event, but registration in advance is required.
Live Online Agenda – October 27-30, 2020
The LIFE 2020 Virtual Event will be live online on October 27-30, 2020. Join us each day to explore our daily theme with focused presentations, panel discussions, and Q&A conversation. Live online sessions include topics that demonstrate New York State’s leadership in advancing energy affordability and access to clean energy for all New Yorkers.
- Learn how the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) is driving New York State’s clean energy future and fostering a green economy
- Explore New York’s recent near $1 billion investment to increase access to energy efficiency for over 350,000 New Yorkers and double the number of households receiving energy efficiency services
- Learn how New York is ensuring a just and equitable transition to clean energy for all New Yorkers under the CLCPA
- Stay current on the roles that beneficial electrification and high-performance housing will play in low- to moderate-income communities
- Gain insight into how NYSERDA’S workforce development initiatives will help provide opportunities for underserved individuals to work in the clean energy industry
- Hear about innovations in planning for expanded access to clean transportation
- Discover how community collaboration is key to building an equitable energy future
On Demand Library
The Event includes an On Demand Library of presentations, available to registrants through December 31, 2020. Virtual Event Registrants can learn at their own pace from a catalog of recorded presentations valuable for staying current on energy issues, program developments, climate policy, and technical trainings.
- Energy policy developments
- Program and initiative updates
- Outreach and best practices for prioritizing people
- Equity and intersectional issues
- Consumer protections
- Contractor and technical trainings
Registrants have access to dedicated space on the Virtual Event portal for materials and resources that directly impact their work and the services provided to clients. Stop in the Resource Room to browse program fact sheets, outreach materials, and the latest research on the issues most important to you.
Registrants can participate in subject-focused Discussion Forums to chat about the issues most important to them.
Registration Will Open Soon
There is no cost to attend the LIFE 2020 Virtual Event, but registration in advance is required.
Register by October 23 to have full access to the LIFE 2020 Virtual Event:
- Live online content on October 27-30, 2020– explore our daily theme with focused presentations, panel discussions, and Q&A conversation
- On Demand Library – browse a catalog of recorded presentations valuable for staying current on energy issues, program developments, climate policy, and technical trainings
- Resource Room – access materials and resources that directly impact your work and the services provided to clients
- Discussion Forums – chat with colleagues about the issues most important to you
- Continuing Legal Education Training – join an attorney training on New York State’s Shared Meter Law and the New York State Public Service Commission’s Complaints and Appeals Process
Assistance with registration is available by emailing the LIFE Event Registrar at LIFE@nyserda.ny.gov.
The Low-Income Forum on Energy (LIFE) is a unique statewide dialogue that brings together organizations and individuals committed to addressing the challenges and opportunities facing low-income New Yorkers as they seek safe, affordable and reliable energy. With a 20+ year legacy, the LIFE dialogue encourages an interactive exchange of information and collaboration among the programs and resources that assist low-income energy consumers. Guided by a Steering Committee, the initiative hosts annual events, a monthly webinar series, and a newsletter. LIFE is supported by the New York State Public Service Commission and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
NYSERDA maintains an e-mail list for anyone wishing to receive updates on the Low-Income Forum on Energy: Join the LIFE email list . Visit nyserda.ny.gov/LIFE for more information. Connect with LIFE on Twitter @LIFEnys. Contact LIFE@nyserda.ny.gov with inquiries.