LIFE 2019 Regional Meeting Series Scholarships
LIFE has established a scholarship to assist individuals from nonprofit organizations, government agencies, tribal organizations, and educational institutions who are unable to afford the cost of registration for the LIFE 2019 Regional Meetings. The parameters for individuals requesting a scholarship are listed below:
- Must be 18 years of age or over to apply for scholarship.
- Preference will be given to applicants associated with existing NY-based nonprofit entities with experience and focus on areas related to the LIFE initiative.
- Preference will be given to applicants from organizations that serve low-income New York State residents.
- Priority will be given to applicants from eligible organizations who have not received a scholarship in the last two years.
- Any applicant applying on an individual basis (not associated with a nonprofit entity) must have demonstrable work experience or academic coursework in areas related to the LIFE initiative.
- The applicant must be able to fund their own travel. Travel and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the scholarship awardee.
All applicants will be notified of application status prior to early registration deadline so that any applicant not receiving a scholarship can take advantage of the early registration discount. All scholarship applications are reviewed by the LIFE Scholarship Subcommittee. Scholarship Subcommittee recommendations are finalized by the LIFE Chair and LIFE Program Manager, jointly.
Applications are due by April 26, 2019.
Contact LIFE@nyserda.ny.gov with questions.